Supporting the next generation of entrepreneurs in technology
Supporting future technology leaders
*** The 2021-2022 edition of the contest is over ***
PME MTL Centre-Ouest, one of PME MTL’s six areas of service, the Ville de Montréal’s business support network, in partnership with Desjardins, the Centre d’expertise industrielle de Montréal (CEI MTL) and the Réseau Mentorat Montréal, is launching an entrepreneurial contest aimed at supporting future technology leaders: TechPreneur.
The TechPreneur competition mainly targets young technology companies wishing to set up (or already established) on the Technoparc Montréal territory.
TECHNOPARC MONTRÉAL RESIDENT TESTIMONY
“Being part of the Technoparc community is in line with our culture of innovation rooted in a spirit of collaboration and communication. This scientific campus is the ideal place to pursue our growth and offer a quality work space to our employees.”
-Luc Leblanc, President & CEO, Orthogone Technologies
Technoparc Montréal: a hub for tech companies
For almost 35 years, the Technoparc Montréal area has been a centre of attraction for technology companies. Small and large players in the industry have set up here, including two large data centres (Cologix and Vantage Data Centers), companies specializing in security such as the Quebec leader Genetec, as well as leaders in cloud computing such as Amdocs and Accedian, to name just a few.
$45,000 to be won in grants and prizes
- $30,000 grant offered by PME MTL Centre-Ouest and Desjardins;
- Digital transformation coaching offered by the CEI MTL;
- The possibility of showcasing your products in the CEI MTL’s technological showroom (under certain conditions);
- Individual or group mentoring offered to the 5 finalists by Réseau Mentorat Montréal, depending on your needs.
PME MTL Centre-Ouest is committed to providing coaching and support to all candidates who submit an application file that meets the selection criteria.
The winning business will have until October 31, 2022, to set up shop within one of the two business centers of the Technoparc Montréal (one-year lease).
Note: Contest dates may change in response to the constantly evolving health situation.
Dates & eligibility conditions
Until February 28, 2022, technology businesses that meet the following criteria are invited to submit an application file:
- Operate a technology company, i.e. a company that designs and/or develops one or several technological solutions or services, whether digital or electronic
- Operate a business that has been in existence for less than 5 years
- Have a legally constituted business registered with the Registre des entreprises du Québec (REQ)
- Work full time in the business (minimum of 35 hours per week)
- Be established or plan to establish within one of the two business centres of the Technoparc Montréal by October 31, 2022 at the latest
- Consent to meet with a jury and take part in promotional activities for the contest and consultation service and communication activities offered by contest partners
- Submit all required documents before the contest deadline, namely by February 28, 2022 at the latest
NB: Companies that meet the following criteria will not be eligible:
- Businesses that have already received a Young Enterprise grant from the PME MTL network
- Businesses operating in the sex and game sector.
The jury will deliberate on the 5 finalists and the winner in March 2022.